Information, help, and donation opportunities
- Hotline of the social department: 0800/201010: Free accommodation and other offers of support can be reported here.
- E-mail: grundversorgung(at)stmk.gv.at
- Hotline for Ukrainians in Austria: 01 2676 870 9460
Entry into and residence in Austria:
- FAQs for Ukrainian nationals
- FAQs on visas and entry
- Information on people seeking protection from Ukraine (UNHCR)
Federal Agency for Care and Support Services
- Telephone: +43 1 2676 870 9460 (Ukrainian); e-mail address
- Temporary shelter, food and other essentials are provided to Ukrainians free of charge.
- Persons with Ukrainian identity cards receive free ÖBB train tickets.
- Caritas: Donations & Emergency Aid
- Zebra: information and counselling on immigration law
- Hemayat: psychotherapeutic support
- Neighbour in Need
- Austrian relief organisation
- Information page Diakonie
- Information page Volkshilfe
- Doctors without Borders
- Information page Red Cross
- SOS Children's Village
Donations in kind and networking:
Flats and rooms:
- https://elinor.network/gastfreundschaft-ukraine or hilfe(at)unterkunft-ukraine.de
Support for orphans:
Institutions for German courses (levels A1 and A2):
- Österreichischer Integrationsfonds (incl. Hotline for Ukrainians)
- ISOP - innovative Sozialprojekte
- Caritas Akademie
- Danaida - German courses for women
Good to know:
- Drei: All calls and SMS to and from Ukraine are free of charge since 25.2.2022
- A1: Calls and SMS free of charge to and from Ukraine
- Magenta: SIM cards for refugees from Ukraine
Ukrainian Embassy Vienna:
Address: Naaffgasse 23, 1180 Vienna; phone: 01 4797172
The Austrian Embassy in Kiev is only operational to a limited extent. The following embassies are responsible for matters of aliens law: Bratislava, Munich and Ljubljana.
>> To the FAQS in DE/EN
Donation Account "Ukraine-Hilfe"
The University of Graz has set up a donation account to support displaced scientists from Ukraine. This enables them to continue their academic activities in research and teaching.
IBAN: AT52 3800 0000 0021 4460